Monday, September 21, 2009

Paintings by Terry Elrod made with the help of his Premium Lucida

Photobucket

“I like to draw and paint en plein air. I purchased my Camera Lucida a year ago and modified it so it would mount on a camera tripod. [now you can buy a tripod mount with the Premium Lucida] It’s great for drawings of cityscapes to get the perspective right (even while sitting in a car), but it also works well for painting. A backpack carries my pochade box and tripod, so all I have to carry is the Lucida. I begin a painting by mounting the Lucida on the tripod and laying my painting panel on its drawing board. I adjust the panel’s position on the board to get a good composition, and then loosely draw key edges on the panel using a carbon pencil. In just a few minutes I’m started on a well-composed painting while my attraction to the scene is still fresh. Often I let drawn lines show through for an interesting effect.”

-Terry Elrod



Photobucket

4 comments:

  1. Those pictures are amazing, I always wanted to buy a frame like this, but they are very expensive.

    ReplyDelete
  2. the ancient art...nothing like the old school, is sad know that we never enjoy this type of art once again.

    ReplyDelete